Walnut-Stuffed Slow Cooked Apples
These fall-friendly treats are best served with maple syrup and a side of yogurt or whipped cream.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 3 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3 Tbsp. chopped dried dates
- 3 Tbsp. raisins
- 3⁄4 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 4 medium Granny Smith apples, cored
- 1 cup honey
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider
- In a small bowl, combine first 4 ingredients. Add 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, stirring to combine.
- Slice top third of each apple off; place apples in a 2-quart or smaller, slow cooker. Spoon walnut mixture into the cavity and on top of each apple.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, honey, and apple cider, stirring to combine. Pour over apples in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 3⁄4 hours. Remove the apples with a slotted spoon.