Warm Basil and Bacon Potato Salad
Making steak or chicken? Going to a barbecue? Try this fancier version of potato salad.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1⁄4 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 medium Yukon Gold or other yellow potatoes, peeled
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- Zest of 1 medium lemon
- Using a food processor, combine basil, yogurt, 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Process until well combined. Set aside.
- Place potatoes in a medium pot. Stir in 1⁄8 teaspoon salt and enough water to cover tops of potatoes.
- Bring water to boil over medium-high heat; cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. A knife inserted into potato should pierce through easily. Drain potatoes. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into chunks.
- Place potatoes in a serving bowl and pour on basil sauce. Toss gently to coat potatoes and add bacon and lemon zest. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 3 days.