Warm Chickpea Salad with Spinach
Chickpeas (or garbanzo beans) are loaded with protein and fiber. If you use canned beans, make sure you rinse them thoroughly before using. Serve this with a side green salad for a balanced meal.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (12 oz.) chickpeas, rinsed and drained thoroughly
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. curry
- Juice from ½ freshly squeezed lemon
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Cook the garlic and onion in the oil until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach, chickpeas, cumin, salt, and curry. Continue to stir for a few minutes. Add lemon juice and broth, and stir. Allow to cook until thoroughly heated.