Warm Kale and Parmesan Dip
As elegant as it is easy to make, this gourmet-style dip is party crowd-pleaser. Serve it with pita triangles, crisp crackers or a colorful mixed veggie tray.
Serves: 8Prep: 15 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 5 slices Simple Truth™ Uncured Hickory Smoked Bacon, chopped
- 1 pound Simple Truth Organic™ Baby Kale, stemmed and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Assorted crackers
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, cook bacon, stirring often, 6-7 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Reserve one tablespoon of drippings.
- In the same Dutch oven, sauté kale, onion and garlic in reserved drippings until onion is tender, about 7 minutes. Add wine and cook, stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes or until particles loosen from bottom of Dutch oven.
- In a large bowl, stir together cream cheese and mayonnaise. Stir in cheeses, vinegar and pepper. Add to the kale mixture.
- Lightly grease 1- to 1½-quart baking dish. Spread mixture in dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until center is hot and cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes; top with bacon.