Warm Kale Salad
Warm and filling, with a citrus sweetness and red pepper kick, this salad makes a great side dish or light meal.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 small red onion, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 8 cups baby kale
- Juice of 1 fresh orange
- 1 medium carrot, cut in matchsticks
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- ⅛ tsp. dried red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. grated orange zest
- ⅛ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet or sauté pan over medium. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, bell pepper, kale, and orange juice and stir well to combine. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid, add remaining ingredients, and stir well to combine. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.