Warm Oyster Mushroom Salad
Make a balsamic vinaigrette for this simple and elegant salad; serve warm.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp. good-quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped shallots
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 medium red onion, peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced
- ½ lb. oyster mushrooms, root ends trimmed, in small bunches
- 4 cups (10 oz.) mixed salad greens
- In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and shallots; season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat remaining tablespoon of oil. Add onion and mushrooms and sweat gently until tender and wilted, about 10 minutes. Stir in dressing and warm for an additional 3 minutes.
- Gently toss with greens before serving.