Warm Potato, Green Bean, and Spinach Salad
This could be a side dish but it is so filling, it is better as the main event.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 quarts water
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 lb. baby red-skin potatoes, halved
- 3⁄4 lb. green beans, stems trimmed
- 6 oz. baby spinach
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Italian parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. whole grain mustard
- In a large stockpot over high heat, bring 3-quarts of water to boil. Stir in 1 tablespoon of salt and add potatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally until potatoes are nearly fork-tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Add green beans and continue to cook until the potatoes and beans are fork-tender, about 5 more minutes. Drain.
- Off heat, return the green beans and potatoes to the pot and immediately add the spinach. Stir and cover.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the shallot, parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper. Whisk in the mustard, vinegar, and olive oil. Drizzle over the potatoes and toss to coat.
- Serve warm.