Warm Salami on Focaccia
This is a classic Italian treat. Italy is famous for its sandwich bars, which are filled to capacity each day.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 wedges focaccia bread (2 oz. each)
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 8 oz. hard salami, thinly sliced
- 6 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1⁄4-inch slices
- 12 basil leaves, washed and dried
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Split the focaccia and drizzle the inside of each with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Bake for 6 minutes. Layer the toasted bread with basil leaves, salami, and mozzarella. Drizzle with remaining olive oil, cut in half, and serve.