Warm Veggie Couscous with Spiced Lemon Herb Dressing
This vegan-friendly dish takes advantage of peak winter citrus to make a fresh, lemony dressing that tops sautéed veggies, chickpeas and couscous.
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. Kroger Brand Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (15 oz.) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 3⁄4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
- Baby spinach, if desired
- In blender or food processor, combine ¼ cup olive oil, cilantro, parsley, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, paprika, cumin, ¼ teaspoon salt and cayenne. Blend until well combined. Set aside.
- In 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook beans, peppers and zucchini 3 to 5 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Remove from pan.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, vegetable broth and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to boil.
- Add couscous, cover and remove from heat. Allow to stand 5 minutes, until couscous is tender. Fluff with fork.
- Stir sautéed vegetables and lemon herb sauce into couscous. Serve over baby spinach.