Warming Herbed Tomato Soup
Using canned tomatoes that are already flavored with herbs such as basil and oregano adds extra flavor. You might also add two roasted red peppers, chopped into bite-size pieces.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. bottled minced garlic
- 1 can (19 oz.) tomatoes with herbs
- 2 cups beef broth
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¾ cup croutons
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for about 1 minutes until it begins to brown.
- Add the canned tomatoes and beef broth. Cover and turn the heat up to medium-high to bring to a boil.
- Stir in the ground cumin, salt, and pepper. Turn the heat down to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 2–3 minutes.
- Serve the soup hot, garnished with the croutons.