Warming Wonton Soup
Don’t have time to fill and wrap wontons to make authentic wonton soup? This recipe takes the ingredients normally used to make the wontons and combines them with Chinese vegetables in a seasoned broth.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 lb. leftover cooked ground pork
- 18 wonton wrappers
- 1⁄2 cup canned bamboo shoots
- 1⁄2 cup canned sliced water chestnuts
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1⁄8 tsp. white pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the ground pork, breaking it up with a spatula. Add the wonton wrappers, bamboo shoots, and water chestnuts. Return to a boil. Stir in the salt, sugar, white pepper, and green onions. Stir in the oyster sauce. Turn the heat down slightly and simmer for 5 minutes to soften the wonton wrappers and combine all the flavors. Serve hot.