Warmly Spiced Beef
Make this simple beef curry in a slow cooker. Serve with rice or Indian flatbreads.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. cubed bottom round
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp. ground coriander
- 1 Tbsp. ground turmeric
- 2 tsp. ground cardamom
- 2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- Spray a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with nonstick olive oil cooking spray.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the beef, onion, and garlic until just browned. Drain off any excess fat. Place into prepared slow cooker.
- Add the spices and crushed tomatoes. Cook on low for 8 hours. Stir in the yogurt prior to serving.