Watercress Pesto Pasta with Tomatoes
Watercress creates the perfect base for pesto. It’s fresh, peppery, and completely irresistible.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cups watercress, rough ends removed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts
- 1 Tbsp. capers
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1⁄4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 10 oz. rotini pasta
- 1⁄2 cup halved grape tomatoes
- Place watercress, olive oil, lemon juice, nuts, capers, garlic, shallot, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, and crushed red pepper in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Process until smooth. Set aside.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil with remaining salt. Cook pasta for 7 to 9 minutes, or until cooked through. Drain.
- Toss rotini with pesto and tomatoes.
- Serve immediately.