Watercress Salad with Poached Egg and Bacon
You’ll love these perfectly poached eggs with zesty watercress and thick bacon.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 4 large eggs
- 4 cups watercress
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked and chopped into 1⁄2-inch strips
- 1⁄2 Tbsp. finely chopped parsley.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl combine lemon juice, mustard, oil, and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Pour cold water into a large saucepan until there is at least 4 inches of water. Add vinegar and bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce heat to low.
- Crack 1 egg into a small shallow bowl. Stir water in saucepan continuously to create a whirlpool. Gently pour egg into water. Cook 3 minutes until firm. Remove egg from water with a slotted spoon. Skim any remaining foam from water. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Place watercress and bacon in a large salad bowl. Pour in lemon-mustard dressing. Toss well to combine. Divide among 4 plates. Gently add 1 egg to each plate. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.