Watermelon and Feta Salad
This salad is refreshing and light, making it a great accompaniment for cookouts.
- 5 pounds watermelon, seedless
- 3/4 pound Vidalia or sweet onion
- 1/4 cup Kroger Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Private Select Sea Salt, freshly ground
- 1/2 teaspoon Private Select Peppercorn Medley, freshly ground
- 1/2 cup Kroger Extra Virgin Olive OIl
- 2 tablespoons mint, chopped
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 sprigs mint
- Wash outside of melon and peel rind off the flesh, cutting into bite size pieces, and set aside. Peel and slice the onion into rings, about 1/4 in. thick.
- Peel and slice the onion into rings, about 1/4 in. thick. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, salt and pepper, and whisk until salt is dissolved
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil a few drops at a time. Add in chopped mint and adjust seasonings to taste.
- In a large bowl, combine the melon, onion and feta cheese.
- Pour the dressing over the melon mixture and toss gently until everything is coated and evenly mixed. Garnish with mint sprigs.