Watermelon and Jicama Salad
Crunchy jicama, sweet watermelon, zesty lime and a kick of jalapeño make this one of my favorite salads. Serve with shrimp, and it's the perfect meal!
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- sea salt
- 1 jicama, peeled and diced
- 4 cups pureheart mini seedless watermelon, cut in 2" chunks
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 jalapeño pepper, finely diced
- In a small bowl, mix juices, zest, honey, olive oil, pepper and salt and whisk together.
- In a large bowl, add jicama, watermelon, cilantro and jalapeno. Drizzle with dressing and gently toss.