Sherbet is a combination of milk and fruit frozen like ice cream. Here, coconut milk is used for a delicious vegan treat.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cups chopped watermelon
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- Combine the watermelon and coconut milk in a blender and blend until smooth. If your blender jar is on the small side, you may need to do this in two batches. Pour the mixture into a large container or bowl and stir in lime juice and sugar. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Pour the sherbet mixture into the bowl of an ice cream maker. Following the directions on your ice cream maker, allowing the mixture to churn until set.
- Scrape from the ice cream maker and serve immediately or freeze until needed. If the sherbet is frozen solid, let it soften for an hour in the refrigerator before serving.