Watermelon Cucumber Champagne Punch
Champagne punch is such a great recipe to have in your back pocket. Make it once and you can alter from there on to fit your event or the season. And, as champagne is appropriate for celebrations at (almost) any time of the day, this recipe is an essential for any host or hostess!
Created by: Lauren Saylor, A Fabulous Fete
Serves: 10Prep: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutes
- 1/2 small watermelon, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 cucumber, plus extra for garnish
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 bottle champagne or sparkling wine
- Scoop out half of a small watermelon with a spoon, place in your blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour blended watermelon through a strainer and into a measuring cup discarding the pulp, you should have about 2 cups.
- Chop cucumber into large chunks and put into blender with the coconut water, blend until smooth.
- Strain cucumber and coconut water mixture into a second measuring cup discarding pulp, you should have about 1 cup. Discard any excess juice.
- Re-strain both blended juices into a large shaker over ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain chilled juice, removing ice, in your serving pitcher.
- Top with chilled champagne and serve with ice on the side for guests to add as needed.
- To make your garnish, cut small triangles out of the watermelon and cucumber; use a skewer to top your drink with a slice or two of each!