Few flavors evoke the feeling of summer like watermelon does. Choose a fleshy, sweet melon for the best results.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 cups seeded and chunked watermelon
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- Remove the seeds and rind from the melon, and chop the fruit into chunks.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender, and purée until very smooth.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Pour into a covered container and place in the freezer for 1 hour. Remove from the freezer, and stir the frozen crystals into the center of the container with a fork. Return the container to the freezer, and repeat the process every 30–45 minutes, stirring carefully each time, until you have a fully frozen container of crystallized granita.