Watermelon-Mint Aqua Fresca
Literally “fresh water,” aqua fresca is a water-based drink infused with fruit.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 cups water, divided
- ½ cup fresh whole mint leaves
- 1 seedless watermelon (6 lbs.), cubed
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar, 1 cup water, and mint to a boil over high heat. Stir to dissolve sugar.
- Strain out mint and discard. Allow mixture to cool.
- Place watermelon and sugar mixture in a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Strain through a wide wire mesh sieve into a pitcher. Stir in remaining water.