Watermelon Salad with Feta & Pistachios
Combine sweet, juicy watermelon with savory feta and pistachios for a fresh summer salad!
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutes
- 4 cups cubed watermelon
- 2 Private Selection™ Mini Seedless Cucumbers, thinly sliced into ribbons
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- Coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper, for seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Private Selection™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Private Selection™ Balsamic Glaze, for drizzling
- 4 ounces Private Selection™ Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1/4 cup Private Selection™ Shelled Pistachios, roughly chopped
- Fresh basil, thinly sliced, for serving
- Tip: To tame the onion’s strong flavor, soak slices in cold water for 15 minutes; drain and pat dry.
- In a bowl, toss the watermelon, cucumbers and red onion with a pinch of salt and pepper; add olive oil and toss gently to coat.
- Arrange on a large serving platter, drizzle balsamic glaze overtop, to taste. Scatter feta cheese over the salad, then the pistachios, followed by the basil.
- Season with a generous grind of pepper.
- Serve immediately, refrigerating any leftovers.