Watermelon, Shrimp & Spinach Salad
Garlic, honey, watermelon and yes, shrimp are an amazing combo!
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon for vinaigrette
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 4 cups watermelon, remove rind and cut into 1/4" thick slices
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- Whisk together white balsamic vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in 1/4 cup olive oil and set aside.
- Toss shrimp with garlic and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper. Sauté on medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until done.
- Divide spinach among 5 serving plates; top with cherry tomatoes, watermelon and red onion. Top evenly with shrimp and drizzle with vinaigrette.