Authentic Paella can many hours to make, but with a few smart shortcuts you can enjoy this wholesome dinner in less than 20 minutes.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. chorizo, casings removed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. turmeric
- Pinch saffron
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup marinated artichoke hearts
- 1⁄2 cup green and kalamata olives
- 1⁄2 cup peppadew peppers
- 1⁄2 cup raw or marcona almonds
- 1⁄2 cup marinated onions, halved
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook 8 minutes until browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add garlic, cooking for 20 to 30 seconds until aromatic. Toss in brown rice, chicken broth, turmeric, and saffron. Cook until warm, salt to taste.
- Return sausage to pan with the rice mixture. Stir in remaining ingredients. Garnish with parsley.