Wheat- and Dairy-Free Coconut Pancakes
Start your clean-eating day with these healthy and delicious pancakes.
Serves: 3Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Tbsp. coconut oil, divided
- 3 Tbsp. coconut milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1½ tsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 3 Tbsp. coconut flour
- ½ tsp. wheat-free baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. allspice
- ⅓ cup ground flax seed
- 1 tsp. wheat-free vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, mix together 3 tablespoons coconut oil, coconut milk, eggs, egg whites, maple syrup, and salt.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix until smooth. Add the cinnamon, allspice, flax seed, and vanilla. Stir to combine thoroughly.
- Heat remaining coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Spoon 2–3 tablespoon of batter onto skillet for each pancake. Cook for 3–5 minutes, turning once.