Wheat-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Enjoy classic chocolate chip cookies with this wheat-free version.
Makes: 24 cookiesHands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 24 cookies
- ¼ cup Spectrum Organic Shortening
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup arrowroot starch
- ¾ cup sorghum flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together shortening, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until thoroughly combined, stir in the egg and vanilla. In a smaller bowl, whisk together arrowroot starch, sorghum flour, salt, xanthan gum, baking powder, and baking soda. Slowly stir dry ingredients into the creamed sugar mixture. Stir in chocolate morsels.
- Drop batter 1 teaspoon at a time about 2" apart onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 7–9 minutes, turning sheets halfway, until the edges of the cookies are golden-brown and tops are slightly brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool on the baking sheets for 15 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.