Wheat-Free Fish Tacos
These folded tacos can be stuffed with a number of different toppings, like avocados or Mexican crema. Although tacos originated in Mexico, fish tacos are said to have been created in southern California.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. minced cilantro
- 1⁄2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 lb. boneless cod fillets,
- 3 tsp. lime juice
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 12 corn tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 2 cups mango salsa
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, mix chili powder, oregano, garlic, cumin, cilantro, and crushed red pepper.
- Place cod fillets on a large sheet of aluminum foil and sprinkle with lime juice. With a spoon, sprinkle chili powder mixture on each side of the fillets. Season with salt and pepper. Fold the foil around the fish, and seal top to create a pouch. Place pouch on a baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until fish easily flakes with a fork. Divide fish and lettuce among the corn tortillas and top with salsa.