Whipped Sweet Potatoes
Perfect for holiday meals, this light and creamy concoction of sweet potato has hints of orange and vanilla.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 medium–large sweet potatoes
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¼ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into chunks. Place chunks in a pot and add enough water to cover by 1" or 2". Place pot over high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower heat slightly and continue cooking until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain pot. Place ⅓ of the sweet potatoes into a food processor, add 1 tablespoon butter, and purée. Remove to a bowl. Repeat process with remaining sweet potatoes and butter.
- Add the brown sugar, orange juice, and vanilla to the bowl of whipped sweet potatoes and stir well to combine. Serve immediately.