White Asparagus and Egg Salad
This unique and filling salad features a fried egg and flavorful, nutritious veggies. Enjoy for lunch or brunch!
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound baby potatoes
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved on the bias
- 1 pound white asparagus, peeled and tough stems trimmed, cut into 2" pieces
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Salted Butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 4 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Baby Spring Mix
- 4 Simple Truth Organic™ Brown Grade AA Eggs, fried
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Chives, chopped
- In a pot, boil potatoes in 2 inches of water; add salt. Cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and slice into ¼” thick rounds.
- Add snap peas and asparagus to pot; boil until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes, then drain.
- For the dressing: In a small saucepan, melt butter. Remove from heat and whisk in lemon juice and sugar; season with salt and pepper.
- Divide lettuce and vegetables among 4 plates. Drizzle with warm dressing, and top each with an egg. Season with salt and pepper; sprinkle with chives.