White Bean and Barley Slow Cooker Soup
This hearty soup, filled with beans, barley, sun-dried tomatoes, and cheese, is a meal in itself.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cans (15 oz.) great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup pearl barley
- ½ medium onion, peeled and diced
- ½ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a 4-quart slow cooker, add beans, barley, onion, tomatoes, garlic, thyme, broth, and salt. Cover, and cook on low for 6–8 hours.
- Remove the sprig of thyme before serving. Garnish with cheese and parsley.