White Bean and Chicken Chili
All you need are a few minutes of prep time for this flavorful chili. Then let it simmer all afternoon.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 3 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. dried great northern beans, soaked overnight in water to cover and drained
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 6 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 small jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 medium chili peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. oregano
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1⁄4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- Add beans, chicken stock, and half the onions and garlic to a large stockpot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 hours until the beans soften, stirring frequently. Add the chicken and salsa.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté peppers, remaining onions and garlic, oregano, cumin, and cayenne pepper for 3 to 4 minutes. Add to the stockpot. Season with salt and simmer for 1 more hour.