White Bean Chili
For a quicker version of this soup, substitute three 15 ounce cans of white beans for the dried, and cook for 20 minutes on medium low.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 6 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 smoked turkey leg, meat removed and chopped
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 lb. cannellini beans, soaked overnight in water to cover and drained
- 1 tsp. cayenne powder
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- Place a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Once it’s heated through, add the oil and the onion. Cook the onions for 8–10 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium and stir in the garlic and the cumin. Cook for 1 minute before adding the turkey meat and the stock.
- Bring to a simmer before adding the beans, cayenne powder, and chili powder. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 4–5 hours, or until the beans are tender.