White Bean Dip
This dip is similar to hummus, but is made with white beans instead of garbanzo beans and may be more digestible. Many Italian antipasti platters include this dip with toasted chunks of multigrain bread. You can vary the seasonings by adding fresh basil or oregano.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1½ cups cooked white beans
- ⅓ cup tahini
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. thyme
- Purée the garlic and salt in a food processor. Drain and add the white beans and purée to a paste.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Transfer the finished purée to a bowl and serve with crackers or pita bread and carrot sticks.