White Bean and Tomato Soup
The fresh vegetables and herbs give this soup a very fresh taste, and the lemon juice adds kick.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large Vidalia or other sweet white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. Splenda
- 1 bunch fresh basil, torn in small pieces
- 1⁄2 bunch Italian flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cans (18 oz.) beef broth
- 2 cans (13 oz.) white beans, drained and rinsed
- Heat the oil in a large soup kettle over medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic. Stir in the Splenda and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes and serve.