White Beans with Bacon and Spinach
Whip up a simple yet satisfying pasta topped with crispy bacon, shallots, garlic and protein-rich beans.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 18 minutesTotal: 33 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1⁄2 pound bacon, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 can (15 oz.) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 pound Simple Truth Organic™ Gluten Free Linguine, cooked according to package directions
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp; remove bacon and drain on paper towels.
- Remove all bacon fat except 1 tablespoon. Add shallots and garlic and continue to cook until shallots are light brown, 1-2 minutes.
- Add beans and chicken broth; bring to a boil, 1 minute. Add spinach, reserved bacon, salt and pepper; continue cooking until spinach wilts, 2-3 minutes.
- Serve over pasta. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper.