White Beans with Shrimp
If you can’t find Great Northern beans you can substitute cannellini beans, or any other small bean you can find.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp. chopped thyme
- ⅛ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cans (15 oz.) Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and once it is heated, add the oil, bell pepper, and onion. Cook for 5–7 minutes or until the vegetables are softened but not browned. Add the garlic and celery. Stir to combine before adding in the herbs, crushed red pepper, and butter.
- Stir continually until the butter is melted and starts to turn brown. Swirl the skillet occasionally.
- Place the shrimp in the skillet and cook on each side for 1–2 minutes. Stir in the beans and lemon juice and cook until warmed through. Serve immediately.