White Chicken Chili
This is the perfect gluten-free comfort food any time of the year. Wheat-free cornbread would go perfectly with this dish.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chili peppers
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 3 cans (15 oz.) navy white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14.5 oz.) gluten-free chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. cooked ground chicken
- 1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-low heat, and add onion and garlic. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until onions become translucent.
- Add mushrooms, corn, and bell pepper, and cook until they soften a bit, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add chili peppers, cumin, cayenne pepper, chili powder, and oregano. Stir to combine.
- Take 1 can of white beans and place in a blender or food processor until completely blended. You might need to add a bit of water if it becomes too thick.
- Pour blended bean mixture into pot along with chicken broth, remaining 2 cans of beans, cooked chicken, and cilantro, and stir. Reduce heat to low and continue to simmer about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.