White Chocolate Cheesecake
Although this looks like a traditional cheesecake, it’s sweeter and richer, thanks to lots of white chocolate.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 3 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1½ cups vanilla cookie crumbs
- 6 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 12 oz. white chocolate, finely chopped
- 4 packages (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup heavy cream, at room temperature
- ½ cup sour cream, at room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups shaved white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line the bottom of a 10" springform pan with parchment paper.
- Mix together the cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press into the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 300°F. Place a pan of water on the bottom rack of your oven to help keep the cheesecake moist while baking. Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler over hot, not simmering, water, stirring continuously. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Cream together the cream cheese, cream, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla, using an electric mixer on a medium speed, until fluffy. Add the eggs, beating until smooth. Adjust your mixer to a medium-high speed and beat for 1 more minute. Fold in the melted chocolate.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake on the center rack (over the pan of water) for 1 hour. Reduce the oven temperature to 250°F and bake for 1 more hour. Turn the oven off and leave the cheesecake in the oven for 1 more hour. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan on a wire rack. Before serving, top with shaved chocolate.