White Chocolate Eggnog Cookies
The holidays go hand in hand with eggnog, so try whipping up a batch of these flavorful eggnog-infused soft cookies to share with friends and family.
Makes: 24Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 2⅓ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- 13 Tbsp. salted butter, at room temperature
- 1¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. grated orange zest
- 2 tsp. grated lime zest
- 1¼ cup orange juice
- ½ cup eggnog
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1½ cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 Tbsp. butter, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. eggnog
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- ½ cup colored decorator sugar
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and spices.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter, granulated sugar, and orange and lime zest. Add orange juice, eggnog, vanilla, egg, and egg yolk. Beat on medium speed until well combined. Add dry ingredients all at once on low speed; mix only until just combined. Fold in white chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to place dough on prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 18 minutes, or until lightly browned at edges.
- While cookies are baking, make icing: In a small bowl, mix all icing ingredients until smooth.
- When cookies are completely cool, drizzle with icing and sprinkle with decorator sugar.