White Chocolate Eggnog Cookies
The holidays go hand in hand with eggnog, so try whipping up a batch of these flavorful eggnog-infused soft cookies to share with friends and family.
Makes: 24Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 2 1⁄3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground ginger
- 15 Tbsp. salted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. grated orange zest
- 2 tsp. grated lime zest
- 1 1⁄4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. orange juice, divided
- 1⁄2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. eggnog, divided
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1⁄2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1⁄2 cup colored decorator sugar
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and ginger.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together 13 tablespoons butter, granulated sugar, orange zest, and lime zest. Add 1 1⁄4 cup orange juice, 1⁄2 cup eggnog, vanilla, egg, and egg yolk. Beat on medium speed until well combined. Add dry ingredients all at once on low speed; mix only until just combined. Fold in white chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to place dough on prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 18 minutes, or until lightly browned at edges.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and remaining 2 tablespoons each butter, eggnog, and orange juice until smooth.
- When cookies are completely cool, drizzle with icing and sprinkle with decorator sugar.