White Chocolate Ice Cream
This recipe is an elegant addition to your ice cream collection. It’s sweet but decidedly unchildlike, and excellent when served alongside a warm fruit compote.
Makes: 1 quartHands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 10 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
Makes: 1 quart
- 1 cup half and half
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 package (12 oz.) high-quality white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- Heat half and half to a simmer in a medium saucepan.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a small bowl, then begin to slowly pour the half and half into the egg yolks to temper them. Return mixture to the pot and constantly stir over medium heat until thickened, being sure not to boil. Remove from heat and add the white chocolate. Stir until smooth.
- Add cream and vanilla extract. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours to overnight.
- Add to ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions for freezing.