White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
These sweet, nutty cookies are a nice alternative to chocolate chip cookies
Makes: 24Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 8 oz. chopped white chocolate
- 1 jar (6.5 oz.) chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in the egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt and stir into the creamed mixture. Stir in the chocolate and nuts.
- Drop the cookies by heaping teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Cool on wire racks. When cool, store in an airtight container.