White Peppermint Hot Chocolate
This made-from-scratch hot cocoa gets even cozier with the addition of whipped cream, chocolate chips and peppermint sticks.
Serves: 4Prep: 5 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 peppermint sticks, crushed, plus more for garnish
- Whipped cream, for topping
- Mini chocolate chips, for garnish
- In medium saucepan, add cocoa. Gradually whisk in milk until cocoa has dissolved.
- Simmer over medium heat; add chocolate chips and crushed peppermint, stirring occasionally, until chocolate and peppermint have melted.
- Bring to boil; immediately remove from heat. Stir in salt. Pour into mugs, top with whipped cream and garnish with chocolate chips and peppermint sticks. Refrigerate any leftovers.