White and Red Grape Sauce for Poultry and Game
This is wonderful with chicken, turkey, or duck. For an exciting taste, try it with bison or venison.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. chopped shallots
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup gluten-free chicken broth, warmed
- ½ cup peeled seedless red grapes
- ½ cup peeled seedless green grapes
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp. minced rosemary leaves
- 1 tsp. gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and sauté the shallots until they are soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in cornstarch and cook for 4 minutes. Whisk in the warm broth and add the grapes, wine, and rosemary. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes, until grapes are softened.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Serve hot.