White Velvet Cutouts
You can easily change the flavor of these cookies by substituting almond extract for the vanilla and leaving out the lemon zest.
Makes: 36Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 8 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. clear vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- Cream butter, cream cheese, and sugar together until light and fluffy. Blend in egg yolk, vanilla, and lemon zest. Stir in flour. Chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll dough out 1⁄4 inch thick. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. transfer to prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 12 minutes, or until edges are golden. Cool.