Whole Dill Pickles
These pickles have a mild, tasty flavor, echoing the subtle sweetness of the apple cider vinegar.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 Tbsp. kosher salt
- ½ gallon water
- 1 cup raw apple cider vinegar, plus extra as needed
- 4 lbs. small pickling cucumbers
- 1 cup fresh dill
- 2 Tbsp. black peppercorns
- ½ cup pickling spice blend
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- Make the brine by dissolving the salt in a half gallon of water. Stir in the apple cider vinegar.
- Mix the whole cucumbers with the dill, peppercorns, pickling spice blend, and minced garlic. Place mixture into a glass 1 gallon jar.
- Pour the brine over the cucumbers. Add more apple cider vinegar and fill to the top of the jar. It may take up to an extra ½ cup of vinegar. Make sure all cucumbers are covered in brine.
- Place the jar of cucumbers in the refrigerator and let sit. They will be ready to eat after 2 days. They become more sour after 1–2 weeks.