Whole-Grain Apple-Cranberry Crumble
Save yourself some time and work at your next holiday celebration— this recipe is an easy alternative to making apple pie!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3½ cups peeled and chopped Granny Smith apples
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1½ cups cranberries
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- ½ cup whole-wheat flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ½ cup vegan margarine, melted
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups vegan whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine apples with lemon juice, cranberries, and sugar in a large bowl. Pour into bottom of 6 greased ramekins (8 oz. each) or a greased 8" × 8" baking pan.
- In a separate bowl combine oats, flour, brown sugar, dried cranberries, cinnamon, salt, and margarine. Stir in walnuts. Spread oat mixture evenly over fruit.
- Bake individual crumbles for 30-40 minutes and larger crumble for 55–60 minutes until golden brown and bubbly. Serve with vegan whipped topping.