Whole-Grain Pumpkin Muffins
Surprisingly light in texture, these muffins are packed with healthful, hearty ingredients.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup puréed pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup plain lowfat Greek yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 tsp. allspice
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup flaxseed meal
- 1⁄4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1⁄3 cup whole pepitas
- 2⁄3 cup demerara sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease or line 12 wells in a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, stir together the egg, pumpkin, yogurt, oil, cloves, nutmeg, allspice, and salt until smooth. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Add them to the pumpkin mixture and stir until just combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among the wells in the muffin tin. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the center muffin comes out clean. Remove the muffins to a wire rack and cool completely.