Whole-Grain Spiced Pear Waffles
Crisp and hearty, these healthy waffles are also great with chopped apple and walnuts.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium pear
- 1⅔ cups white whole-wheat flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1½ Tbsp. sodium-free baking powder
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 egg white
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- Peel, core, and grate the pear. Place into a mixing bowl, add remaining ingredients, and beat until smooth.
- Heat waffle iron. Spray lightly with oil, then ladle batter onto the hot surface, being careful to avoid the edges (batter will spread once appliance is closed). Close waffle iron and bake until golden brown, roughly 4–5 minutes.
- Remove baked waffles from iron and repeat process with remaining batter. Serve immediately.