Whole Rotisserie-Style Chicken
A whole chicken is perfect for a simple, Sunday dinner. Roast a couple of chickens over the weekend and use the meat in meals throughout the week.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 2 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 whole chicken (3 1⁄2 lbs.), packet of chicken parts removed from the cavity
- 1 small apple, cored and cut into wedges
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 stalks celery, cut in large chunks
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1⁄4 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. seasoned salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Fill the cavity of the chicken with apple, onions, and celery. Place chicken in a deep roasting pan with a rack. Truss the chicken with butcher’s twine, tying the legs together and tucking the wings under the breast.
- Mix canola oil, honey, lime juice, paprika, and seasoned salt in a saucepan and warm just enough to melt the honey. Brush the sauce on the skin of the chicken.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, basting chicken 3 or 4 times. The internal temperature should be 180°F.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes before serving.