Whole-Wheat Banana Muffin
Banana muffins are always a delicious treat, and these have enough whole-wheat to keep them nutritious too.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 4 Tbsp. low-fat sour cream
- 1¼ cups sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed, ripe bananas
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ tsp. salt
- In a small dish, add baking soda to low-fat sour cream and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or use baking cups.
- With an electric mixer, cream together the sugar, oil, and eggs. Add the baking soda and sour cream mixture, and blend well. Add bananas, flours, vanilla, and salt, and stir until smooth.
- Pour into muffin tins. Fill each about halfway with batter. Bake 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out dry.