Whole Wheat Muffins
Anything in the ingredients list that doesn’t strike your fancy? Take it out or substitute it with something else.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 3 Tbsp. chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 2 egg whites
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- Line a strainer with a coffee filter. Spoon yogurt into coffee filter. Place strainer over a bowl so yogurt can drain. Make sure there is at least an inch between the bottom of the strainer and the bottom of the bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 24 hours. Discard liquid. Carefully remove homemade yogurt cheese from paper.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare miniature muffin pan with paper muffin cups.
- Combine flours, raisins, walnuts, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt cheese, water, egg whites, oil, and honey. Whisk until well blended. Add to dry ingredients stirring until just moistened. Spoon into muffin cups and bake for 15 minutes.